Assistant Project Manager
Project Staff, Full-Time
American Realty Project Management is looking to hire a career-minded, motivated and responsible aspiring professional who can assist our clients to build successful real estate projects. The Assistant Project Manager supports the Project Manager and is a professional who works independently with minimal supervision. He/she must be trustworthy, reliable and possess solid leadership traits, including a proactive mindset. The successful candidate must also be an excellent communicator (both verbal and written), and must possess solid organization and computer skills.
Highly desirable traits include the ability to maintain absolute professionalism in the face of multiple and complex deadlines, as well as the capacity to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion and trustworthiness. All duties must be carried forth with the highest level of professionalism and ethics.
Specific duties include (but not limited to):
- Assistance with planning and analysis of conceptual design issues and preconstruction activities
- Coordination and review of the development of architectural and engineering construction drawings and bid documents
- Review, understand and enforce contractual requirements for design and construction professionals; assist project management staff in generating contracts and addenda
- Serve as liaison between client and design and construction professionals
- Meet with contractors, architects, engineers and consultants to review the project status and resolve issues
- Review and analysis of potential changes to budget or schedule
- Monitor construction budget and schedule, including updating and maintaining web-based project controls
- Understand the building permit process, as well as support the design and construction professionals in securing the permit
- Assemble and review materials for project draw packages
- Observe and report on construction process and construction-related issues (field reports, job walks, etc.)
- Maintain and follow up on project open item lists
- Manage the project close-out process to successful completion
- Prepare documentation for analysis and review of specific issues
- Direct and/or document project meetings
- Participate in special projects as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Position requires at a minimum a Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or Business Management.
- 2-5 years of related experience and a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of construction documentation and sequencing as well as a practical knowledge of alternate materials/methods, construction costs, value‐engineering techniques and building/occupancy laws and lease requirements.
- Interaction with various professionals and clients will require strong verbal and written communication skills as well as good listening, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- The ideal candidate will meet all the qualifications described herein and demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Project, Excel and Word) and web‐based project management tools. Proficiency in AutoCAD is desired, but not required.
American Realty Project Management is a real estate project management company that provides consulting services to businesses in a wide variety of public and private sector industries. ARPM’s professional staff employs an approach to project assignments which combines an established team methodology with problem solving, collaboration and innovation. ARPM team has proven experience in nearly every aspect of the real estate industry, and from both sides of the table, including backgrounds in architectural design, asset management, brokerage, construction, development, engineering and planning.
ARPM office in Austin, Texas has managed more than $2.0 billion in project value for a diverse range of projects, among them commercial, residential, institutional, life sciences, municipal, not-for-profit and educational assignments.
ARPM recruits the best talent in the industry, but project management experience alone is not enough. We seek candidates who fit with our values, operating style and commitment to accountability to our clients. In exchange, we provide staff with opportunities for professional growth and development and a highly competitive compensation package.
Direct interest to firstname.lastname@example.org